To be successful we will included:
good linking words
descriptive language and powerful verbs
figurative language
Stay in the past tense (dialogue can be present tense)
Capital letter for each sentence beginning and proper noun and full stop at the end of each sentence.
Start here
Kapa Haka
I walked on to the stage awkwardly walking like a penguin.The stage was so cold I felt as though I was standing on an iceberg in a snowstorm,then it was all silent until I heard the squeak of the certan it sounded like a giant mouse was about to enter the hall.The nerves hit me,I wanted to sink into my own world and disappear, but all I saw was the audience glaring at me and giving a round of applause.
“Hopi! Kiraro! Hopi!" Wairua Tapu started my nerves shredded away,Automatically my body started doing and the actions and my voice sang out .Kids voices from tautoro echoed around the hall just like my voice it sounded like birds singing there rhyme in the morning then it all stopped I looked at the audience as Tengara Koutou started my spirits where high swaying my pupu swayed with my actions once again the actions stopped all the voices went down I heard commands for the poi then year five girls ran out in front I was going to the front nervous but I survived,then I heard fierce voices I knew it was the haka,the boys flicked there legs out like fierce worries my eyes flickered around like a moth to the light doing the actions swiftly and doing the pukana,we stopped we folded back then the curtains took the show as the round of applause faded. A wave of relief washed over me.I walking away grinning with happiness.
If I could do it again I would stand tall and sing louder.
Hi Gabrielle,
ReplyDeleteVery good recount. My favourite sentence is where you said, 'A wave of relief washed over me.' What an awesome way to say you felt relieved. A goal you could work on is basic punctuation. There are many sentences that have no full stop or capital letter. I look forward to seeing your descriptive writing posted.